[ome-users] OMERO.qa - Demo account

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Mon Dec 13 19:13:07 GMT 2010

Hi Wonyong,

>> From: Won Yong Lee <u0636300 at utah.edu>
>> Date: 12 December 2010 17:15:48 EST
>> Subject: RE: OMERO.qa - Demo account
>>
>> Thanks for the account.

Glad you got your demo account up and running. Feedback is always welcome.

>> I have a few questions regarding the system install. While back, I tried to install OMERO into our servers (Ubuntu 9.04 and 10.04 – 64-bit servers) but I got stuck during installation. The major difficulty was installing Ice.

Do you remember how you installed Ice? What caused problems?

>> I installed Ice as indicated but I could not finish installing the OMERO.

Were there any logs produced under <OMERO_HOME>/var/log? What did:

 bin/omero admin diagnostics

say?

>> Do you have any plan to make a distribution as a package (such as Debian or RPM installing package)?

Though we've definitely thought about it, there's no schedule for providing OS packaging at the moment. There are several other large tasks we would like to complete first. You can follow our upcoming activities here:

  http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/roadmap

>> What is your current server configuration that you are running in your institution? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you very much!!  wonyong

I'll leave descriptions of current installations to others on the list. But if there's anything specific we can do to help, please let us know. Take your pick of either the phpBB forums:

  http://openmicroscopy.org/community

or the mailing lists: