[ome-users] need help with the OMERO upgrade to OMERO 4.2.0 on a Mac server

Taylor, Ronald C ronald.taylor at pnl.gov
Wed Aug 18 01:19:52 BST 2010

Hi Bernie,

I'm sorry, I don't understand your advice re Postgres. My copy of PostgreSQL appears to be working OK - the "pg_ctl status" msg says so. The problem lies in the omero invocation, after I get Postgres running. So - don't understand how stopping and restarting Postgres would help. I have already tried shutting down Postgres, doing a hard reboot, then starting up Postgres again - which appears to work in terms of Postgres coming back up OK. (The command I type in to start Postgres is exactly the same as what I was using previously for invoking Postgres before I started up Omero 4.1.1 on the Mac server.)

But then I issue
  omero admin start

 and I get the same timeout error. So - the problem remains, I think.
Ron

Ronald Taylor, Ph.D.
Computational Biology & Bioinformatics Group
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
902 Battelle Boulevard
P.O. Box 999, Mail Stop J4-33
Richland, WA  99352 USA