[ome-users] High Content Imaging and OMERO

Jason Swedlow jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Sat Sep 26 14:32:26 BST 2009

Hi All-

Just a reminder of what we are doing, and what you can look forward to:

In October, we'll release OMERO 4.1.  This system will support import
and visualization of HCS (or what we call ScreenPlateWell, 'SPW')
data.  We'll support the Opera, MIAS, InCell1000 file formats.
Furtehr formats can be supported in the future-- we need data from the
community.

We've started building the tools we all need for data analysis.  That
includes Matlab interfaces, some example analysis in Matlab.  We will
migrate our support for CellProfiler to Python, once their work is
released.  We have new facilities for definitions for ROIs and storing
data that we are building now.  The Matlab interface will be in OMERO
4.1; new data analysis models will not be supported in 4.1, but you
should see these coming in the following releases.

OMERO.fs functions as a dropbox in 4.1-- it automatically imports a
defined set of file types from a specific directory.  But the import
model stays the same-- binary data is copied into the OMERO
repository.  The good news is that this is much faster than in OMERO
4.0.x.  We are revising our spec for OMERO.fs functionality to
eliminate data duplication.  We'll update you on this as it develops.

Cheers,

Jason

On 25 Sep 2009, at 20:52, Ghislain Bonamy wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I wanted to find users of OMERO who use this database solution for
> High Content Imaging for any of the following instruments:
>
> 1) Opera
> 2) Acumen Explorer
> 3) Image Xpress Ultra (or MDS database MDCSTORE).
>
> With the upcoming of the new version of OMERO, and more particularly
> OMERO.fs (and the support of more file format for HCI), we are
> seriously considering centralizing our images into a single
> repository with OMERO.
>
> If this is a task that you are already working on or interested in,
> please drop me a line.
>
> Best,
>
> Ghislain Bonamy, PhD
> Research Investigator
>
> Genomic Institute of the
> Novartis Research
> Foundation
> Department of Informatics, room C117
> 10675 John Jay Hopkins Drive
> San Diego CA 92121
> USA
>
> +1 (858) 812-1534
> www.gnf.org

**************************
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dow Street