[ome-users] ldap groups not working, turn off debug messages

Kent Nasveschuk knasveschuk at mbl.edu
Sat Nov 7 11:46:25 GMT 2009

Hello,

I have 2 questions. Using Beta4.1.0

1 - I have LDAP authentication working (creates an account on initial auth) however it doesn't work with groups yet. I added:
bin/omero config set omero.ldap.groups OmeroUsers
restart server

I've created a group: cn=OmeroUsers in LDAP and put my cn=kent as memberUid=kent

I was able to login without adding the omero.ldap.groups=OmeroUsers, but can't now. Is there something missing? Does the group need to have the full DN of the user or do I need to have the full DN of the group to allow access?

2 - Django logs writing DEBUG info, how to disable.

in lib/python/omeroweb/settings.py:

# Debuging mode.
# A boolean that turns on/off debug mode.
# For logging configuration please change 'LEVEL = logging.INFO' below
#
# NEVER DEPLOY a site into production with DEBUG turned on.
DEBUG = False # handler404 and handler500 works only when False
TEMPLATE_DEBUG = DEBUG

I'm assuming "DEBUG = False" is off, but logs are still showing DEBUG messages, in particular clear text passwords. How do I turn this off?

Kent