[ome-users] Re : icegridnode: failure occurred in daemon

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Tue Jun 30 16:39:07 BST 2009

Hi Yves,

the properties do look correct, but unless you modified master.cfg
there should be nothing wrong in it. ERROR messages saying that the
server can't be reached are due to the OMERO.server not being able to
start up since it can't connect to the database.

Looking again in your logs, I did find these error messages:

   to deploy application `/home/yves/Desktop/omero_dist/etc/grid/default.xml':
   DescriptorParser.cpp:780: IceXML::ParserException
   error in </home/yves/Desktop/omero_dist/etc/grid/default.xml> descriptor, line 26, column 6:
   invalid element value for element `properties'

and

  ERROR: transport error 202: bind failed: Address already in use
  ERROR: JDWP Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, TRANSPORT_INIT(510)

If you modified default.xml, could you send that to us as well? You
might also try running without DEBUG=1, since the bind issues could
also be keeping your server from starting.

Perhaps you could delete var/ before trying. There might be some
interactions at play that I can't (easily) follow in the logs.

Best wishes,
~Josh.