[ome-users] Omero4.0.3 start error on Windows SP2

Javier Diaz javiereduardodiaz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 22:56:05 BST 2009

I am sorry, I sent a html e-mail (I think that the list do not support
it). Here it goes as plain text. Javier.

Hi Josh,

I was repeating the stepts of the installation.

- I chose the c:\omero_dist as installation directory.

- I set the system variable PATH to: "C:\python25;C:\Ice-3.3.1\bin". I
have to add "C:\python25" because the command python was not recognized.

- I set the PYTHONPATH system variable to "C:\Ice-3.3.1\python", instead
of C:\Ice-3.3.1\bin because I had an import error.

I restarted the computer after any change of the variables system.

Then,

    C:\omero_dist>bin\omero admin start
    Creating c:\omero_dist\var\master
    Initializing c:\omero_dist\var\log
    Creating c:\omero_dist\var\registry
    No descriptor given. Using etc\grid\windefault.xml
    [SC] StartService: OpenService FAILED 1060:

    El servicio especificado no existe como servicio instalado.

    Waiting on startup. Use CTRL-C to exit
    .............................Failed to startup after 5 minutes

After that, the directories master, log and  registry have nothing. The
event viewer does not show new events when I execute the commands.

The commands that you send me

    C:\omero_dist>bin\omero admin stop
    [SC] OpenService FAILED 1060:

    El servicio especificado no existe como servicio instalado.

    [SC] OpenService FAILED 1060:

    El servicio especificado no existe como servicio instalado.

    Waiting on shutdown. Use CTRL-C to exit

    C:\omero_dist>bin\omero admin start
    No descriptor given. Using etc\grid\windefault.xml
    [SC] StartService: OpenService FAILED 1060:

    El servicio especificado no existe como servicio instalado.

    Waiting on startup. Use CTRL-C to exit
    .............................Failed to startup after 5 minutes

There is no registration of new events when I executed the commnads.
This is the last event that I see in the event viewer.

    Tipo de suceso:    Información
    Origen del suceso:    PostgreSQL
    Categoría del suceso:    Ninguno
    Id. suceso:    0