[ome-users] OMERO4 login problems

Björn Quast bquast at evolution.uni-bonn.de
Wed Jun 17 12:29:58 BST 2009

Hi Alex,

due to my experiences the icegridnode daemon needs some time to start and
stop, about 5 to 6 seconds. So perhaps the daemon is not really stopped before
you remove the var directory or restart it?

I think it is not necessary to remove the var or registry directory, if the
daemon stops without giving an error-message.

Björn

Josh Moore writes:

> Alex Sossick writes:
>  > Hi Guys
>
> Hi Alex,
>
>  > Have had this problem a few times, on Ubuntu and Mac Xserve
>  >
>  > bin/omero admin stop
>  > Wait 10 seconds
>  > rm -rf  var/registry/
>  > bin/omero admin stop
>  > Wait 10 seconds
>  > bin/omero admin start
>  >
>  > Seemed to fix the problem, doing these commands in quick succession
>  > did not seem to fix the problem,
>
> This seems quite odd. Does it happen regularly? If you can reproduce
> it, the output of "ps auxww" afte the first "bin/omero admin stop"
> could be really beneficial, and possibly the var/log/master.* files as
> well.
>
> ~Josh
>
> P.S. how are you running OMERO.web?
>
>  > josh.moore at gmx.de at josh.moore at gmx.de wrote on 16/6/09 20:01:
>  > > Hi guys,
>  > >
>  > > I lost track of this. Sorry about that. How do things stand?
>  > >
>  > > ~J.
>  > >
>  > > Jon Wakelin writes:
>  > >> Alex Sossick wrote:
>  > >>> Hi
>  > >>>
>  > >>> Did you get an answer to the below question I have exactly the
>  > >>> same error, am using linux ubuntu
>  > >>>
>  > >>> Thanks
>  > >>
>  > >> Hi Alex,
>  > >>
>  > >> No, but I'm using Debian (which is pretty similar to Ubuntu,
>  > >> right?).
>  > >>
>  > >> Maybe I'll try re-installing on something I'm more familiar
>  > >> with, like RHEL, and see how that goes.  OMERO3 was fine on
>  > >> Debian though.
>  > >>
>  > >> I'll let the list know if I find out what's wrong.
>  > >>
>  > >> cheers
>  > >> Jon

Dr. Björn Quast
Universität Bonn
Institut für Evolutionsbiologie und Ökologie
53121 Bonn
Tel.: 0228/735758   email: bquast at evolution.uni-bonn.de