[ome-users] Image coordinate reference

Ghislain Bonamy GBonamy at gnf.org
Wed Jun 10 23:27:00 BST 2009

Melissa,

Thanks a lot for the info.

From, your email, I understand that although no standard has been
defined, so far the default has been 0,0=top-left.

My reason for thinking that 0,0 is at the bottom left is due to the old
habits of math (geometry, calculus etc.), but it does not matter to me
as long as some sort of convention is adopted in the OME standard.

In addition, perhaps this questions points out a greater need to allow
users to provide a place where they can define non standard coordinate
systems.

Best,

Ghislain Bonamy, PhD
Research Investigator

Genomic Institute of the
Novartis Research
Foundation
Department of Molecular & Cell Biology, room G214
10675 John Jay Hopkins Drive
San Diego CA 92121
USA

+1 (858) 812-1534 (W & F)
+1 (757) 941-4194 (H)
+1 (858) 354-7388 (M)
www.gnf.org

Hudson-Alpha Institute for Biotechnology
www.hudsonalpha.org