[ome-users] more detailed install docs?

Björn Quast bquast at evolution.uni-bonn.de
Wed Jun 10 22:24:39 BST 2009

Hi,

after my last try to install omero.v4 server on SuSE I now have set up an
Ubuntu test system, but I am stepping from pitfall to pitfall.

So in this process I figured out, that:
- Ubuntu 80.4 seems not to work because of older Ice-Packages.
- I need to use different passwords in "bin/omero config set omero.db.pass" and
"bin/omero db script". I guess it is right to have the same password for the
postgres database and "bin/omero config set omero.db.pass".
- When "bin/omero admin start" fails it is necessary to stop it again with
"bin/omero admin stop" otherwise the icegridnode-daemon is locked
- I need to login with the username root and the password set in "bin/omero db
script".

It might really help newbies like me if at least a hint for setting the
different passwords in different skripts is given on the install-web-site.

Now I will try to find out how to use omero. Hmm, hope it works for me.

Björn

--
Dr. Björn Quast
Universität Bonn