[ome-users] Image coordinate reference

Ghislain Bonamy GBonamy at gnf.org
Wed Jun 10 05:19:18 BST 2009

Hello everyone,

I wanted to verify what was frame of reference that OME uses to map ROI to a picture. I assume that the image coordinate x=0,y=0 corresponds to the bottom left corner and that Y increases going up and X increases going right, but perhaps this is not correct.

Acapella which I use to generate my ROI coordinate list uses 0,0 as the top left corner with increasing Y values going down and increasing X values going left (most likely due to the way the image is read). I want to make sure that I am not missing anything when I create a ROI set to use in conjunction with OME.

Thanks for the info,

Ghislain Bonamy, PhD
Genomic Institute of the
Novartis Research