[ome-users] Cannot Initialize the Django settings database (fwd)

Bernie Broughton b.broughton at sussex.ac.uk
Thu Jun 4 17:05:05 BST 2009

Chris,

--On 04 June 2009 16:33 +0100 Chris Allan <callan at blackcat.ca> wrote:

> The simple answer is that your home directory permissions are
> insufficient to execute those commands.
>
> As the "omero" user:
>
> chmod +rx ~/
>
> That should be sufficient for you to sudo and run the commands.

login as: omero
omero at 139.184.156.130's password:
Last login: Thu Jun  4 16:36:32 2009 from
gc400035.gdsc.susx.ac.uk[omero at gdsc12 ~]$ chmod +rx ~/
[omero at gdsc12 ~]$ cd
/home/omero/omero_dist/lib/python/omeroweb/[omero at gdsc12 omeroweb]$ sudo -u
apache PYTHONPATH=/home/omero/omero_dist/lib/python/ python manage.py syncdb
Password:
[omero at gdsc12 omeroweb]$

There's a need for a password. Essentially this is the behaviour I
originally saw. Maybe Centos 5.3 password protects Apache?

Bernie