[ome-users] log files zip

Bernhard Holländer bernhard.voigt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 15:00:01 BST 2009

Hi Josh and Zoltan!

Josh wrote:
> django.core.exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured: Error loading pysqlite2
> module: /usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/pysqlite2/_sqlite.so:
> undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_AsUTF8String
> Perhaps someone on the list will have some clues.

Josh is right, this is likely a version mismatch.
Where did you get he pysqlite2 extension and where did you get the
mod_python library? Are they both RPMs from the official SuSE
repositories? If they are, they should match, if not and you can't get
them from SuSE, I would say you have to compile them yourself.

I'm not sure about the internals of mod_python, but I guess it is
linked against or calls the system python interpreter. If this is the
case, it's likely that it is the mismatch between the system python
and the pysqlite2 module that causes the problem. Try the following:

$ python
>>> import mod_python
CTRL-D

This shoud work, otherwise you have to fix your mod_python installation.

$ python
>>> import pysqlite2
CTRL-D

I guess this will cause the error. In this case you only need to fix
the pysqlite2 installation.

By the way, there could also be the chance that you have different
python versions installed and this causes problems. Take a look at the
output of
$ ls -l /usr/bin/python*
and check if you see multiple versions of python, like 2.4, 2.5...

Hope that helps! Bernhard