[ome-users] importer-cli and session key

Colin Blackburn c.blackburn at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Jul 3 11:15:55 BST 2009

Hi Mark,

On 3/7/09 10:51, Mark Henshall wrote:
> What we're trying to do is import images automatically - I've mounted
> the home directories from the microscope on the ome server, and I'll be
> able to write a script pretty easily to check for new images in
> people's directories. Once I find a new image, I want to import it into
> their account in ome.
>
> I've done the import on the command line like this:
>
> omero import -s localhost -u "My Username" -w mypassword -n
> /home/mydir/wtAFZ1_bgalwgecad_110609.tif
> /home/mydir/wtAFZ1_bgalwgecad_110609.tif
>
> and it works fine.
>
> But the problem I have is that I want to do this for many users, and I
> don't have access to their passwords, and I don't want to (and putting
> them in an ascii file would work, but only until they change their
> password because of the site-wide password policy). So can I use the
> '-k' flag to specify a user, and how would I find out the session key
> for a particular user?

There is a limited auto-import system shipped with the OMERO.server
since Beta 4. There are more details of it here:

<http://openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero4/server/fs>

If you do want to use your own scripts then take a look at the Python
method code at:

<http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/browser/trunk/components/tools/OmeroFS/fsDropBoxMonitorClient.py#L174>

This uses a session key. If you have any questions about this let me know.

Colin