[ome-users] OMERO server startup failure on Windows

Davies, Ian (GE Healthcare) Ian.Davies at ge.com
Fri Feb 6 13:53:54 GMT 2009

Dear All,

I'm having problems getting OMERO server to start on a machine which has
an application running on port 8080.   When I start the server I get the
messages shown in the attached file 'omero.log'.   It seems to get some
way into the process, then fails with:

'Error initialising endpoint java.net.BindException: Address already in
use: JVM_Bind:8080'

A load of error messages are then displayed but the server never starts.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this might be happening?

Regards
Ian Davies

versions:
Postgre Plus 8.3
Java SE6 version 1.6.0 (build 1.6.0_01-b06)
omero-Beta3.2
Windows Server 2003 SP2