[ome-users] Server field in webadmin, webclient is redundant

Aleksandra Tarkowska aleksandrat at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Tue Apr 21 17:07:23 BST 2009

Hi Mario

OMERO.web is a separated Client Application distributed with the
OMERO.server package and started with the Django lightweight
development Web server (the demonstration version is only to easy
test the application). On the production mode we recommend to run
this application on apache mod_python (how to do it:  http://
www.openmicroscopy.org/site/documents/data-management/omero4/server/
install-web) or different.

This application can be run on the different machine and can work
against many OMERO.servers (the list of servers can be easily defined
in local database).

I agree with Paulo if list contains only one server, it should be
selected as default and I am going to fix soon.

Thanks
Ola