[ome-users] [ome-devel] Problem with metadata

Jason Swedlow jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Thu Oct 30 12:23:59 GMT 2008

Hi Sebastian-

These are problems we are dealing with right now (you have a number
of issues, from complete metadata support to number of channels) --
the bad news is the vendors are doing various things in their file
formats that we have to deal with.  They tailor their software to
handle the problem for their file format-- we get to do it for all of
them!

A more detailed response will follow, but can you confirm whether the
problem you are having with Zeiss is a 510 or 710 file?

We are having a meeting to discuss all these problems tomorrow and
will report back to the community over the weekend.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Jason

On 30 Oct 2008, at 12:03, Sebastian Cachero wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have just installed omero in the lab and are having a couple of
> problems while trying to import some confocal stacks from a number
> of different microscopes (leica sp5, zeiss 510-710, biorad).
>
> 1. For some reason importing of leica .lif files fails (although
> bioformats-importer has no trouble importing them to imageJ).
>
> 2. Zeiss files are imported correctly but we get only a limited
> amount of the metadata from the original file.
>
> 3. Biorad .pic files get imported but have little metadata (same as
> zeiss files) and the channel information is incorrect (a two
> channel file gets imported as 6 channels, each one looking as being
> one slice offset the others)
>
> Any help with this will be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sebastian
>
> MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology,
> Hills Road,
> Cambridge,
> CB2 2QH.
> United Kingdom.
>
> Office: +44 (0)1223 252944
> Lab	+44 (0)1223 252943
> Fax: +44 (0)1223 402310
> E-mail: scachero at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk

**************************
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dow Street