[ome-users] help

Jason Swedlow jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Sat Oct 25 10:08:31 BST 2008

Hi Dae-Ro--

Thanks for your email.

You'll need to get OMERO.server installed-- an application that
provides all the interfaces in the PostgreSQL database.

Full instructions for installation are at:

http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/wiki

A screencast video showing installation is at:

https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/screenshots

A general description of the OMERO Platform is at:

http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/documents/data-management/omero

Once everything is installed, you set your own usernames and
passwords with OMERO.webadmin.  See the screencast video on
OMERO.webadmin for details.

Have a look at those, and if anything is not clear, please let us know.

Thanks for your interest.

Cheers,

Jason

On 24 Oct 2008, at 21:42, Dae-Ro Kim wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have down loaded postgresql-8.2.5-1.zip and installed.
> I down loaded OMERO.clients-Beta.3.1.2.win.
> and double clicked OMERO insight
> what am i supoosed to put for server address and
> user name and pasword: isnt is just omero, omero?
> How do I get user name and password?
>
> Thank you for your time

**************************
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dow Street