[ome-users] Error while installing OME Server. Problem in CoreDatabaseTablesTask module.

Nandakumar, Sriramkumar sriramkumar at uky.edu
Wed Oct 22 21:10:06 BST 2008

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the reply.
The URL http://slis28.gws.uky.edu/cgi-bin/omeis is not loaded on the browser. However, on giving the ip address (http://128.163.165.86/perl2/serve.pl?Page=OME::Web::Login) the  login page of OME gets displayed
The problem seems to occur in CoreDatabaseTablesTask module. The creation of OME PostgreSQL super user fails everytime.

Please find the error below,

   Database Delegate Class:  [OME::Database::PostgresDelegate]:
             Database Name:  [ome]:
                      Host:  [undefined]: 128.163.165.86
                      Port:  [undefined]:
Username for DB connection:  [undefined]: postgres

   Database Delegate Class: OME::Database::PostgresDelegate
             Database Name: ome
                      Host: 128.163.165.86
                      Port: undefined (default)
Username for DB connection: postgres

Are these values correct ? [y/n]: y
Creating OME PostgreSQL SUPERUSER (ome)[FAILURE].

Errors executing task: Unable to create PostgreSQL superuser 'ome', see CoreDatabaseTablesTask.log for details.
Database error: could not connect to server: Connection refused
        Is the server running on host "128.163.165.86" and accepting
        TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

 at (eval 203) line 1

 at install.pl line 82
        main::run_tasks() called at install.pl line 266
# Looks like your test died before it could output anything.

Please find  the Contents of CoreDatabaseTablesTask.log

Creating OME PostgreSQL SUPERUSER (ome)
Result for creating OME_USER ome:
could not connect to server: Connection refused
        Is the server running on host "128.163.165.86" and accepting
        TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

Result for creating OME_USER ome as postgres:
could not connect to server: Connection refused
        Is the server running on host "128.163.165.86" and accepting
        TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

Result for creating OME_USER ome as postgres After euid()
could not connect to server: Connection refused
        Is the server running on host "128.163.165.86" and accepting
        TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

Could you please assist me in resolving this?

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Sriram.