[ome-users] Able to Open Omero Clients now. Problem resolved.

Nandakumar, Sriramkumar sriramkumar at uky.edu
Thu Nov 20 18:48:50 GMT 2008

Hi Chris,
I have manually configured DNS for the IP address using our network administrator and it is now possible to invoke both Omero Importer and Insight
without any issues.

I would like to specially thank you, Jason and Josh for helping me out in resolving this problem.

Based on my experience on OMERO 3.1.1, I would like to provide the following feedbacks,

1) For Fedora 8, we have not manually install Java SDK, because it contains IceTea which is not compatible for Omero.
2) In order to make specific ports open such as 8080, 4444, 3873, 1098, 1099, we can use a tool called firestarter which helps to select specific ports, so we dont need to use the following options at all,

iptables -P INPUT drop
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 1098 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 1099 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 4444 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 3873 -j ACCEPT

3) It is always better to map the DNS with the IP address using the network administrator manually rather than specifying it in /etc/hosts.

Once again I would like to thank the developers in helping me for deploying OMERO.

Thanks & Regards,
Sriram.