[ome-users] how to turn down the logging of omero3 beta 2.3

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Tue Nov 4 15:50:26 GMT 2008

Bernhard Voigt writes:
 > hi all!

Hi Bernhard,

 > ís there a way to turn down the logging which goes to
 > jboss/server/default/log? i've tried to reduce the logging in log4j.xml in
 > the omero folder prior to deployment but this only changes the output of the
 > jboss console log. i tried to change the logging setting in
 > jboss/server/default/conf/jboss-log4j.xml but it was not very successfull.
 > still lots of debug messages from several classes e.g. ome.logic.AdminImpl,
 > org.quartz.core.JobRunShell,org.springframework.jmx.support.JmxUtils and
 > others.

The jboss/server/default/conf/jboss-log4j.xml should be the proper place to
do it. The most straight-forward way would be to add the line:

  <param name="Threshold" value="INFO"/>

or

  <param name="Threshold" value="WARN"/>

to the <appender name="FILE" element. You can see an example of this
under the <appender name="CONSOLE" element. This will completely limit
all output regardless of how the categories are configured.

The other option is to individually limit each category that you are
seeing. *However*, the spring & quarz categories should already be
limited, which means something may be amiss. I'll look into it and get
back to you.

Cheers,
~Josh.