[ome-users] Proposed change to 2008-02 Schema Bug-Fix

Andrew Patterson ajpatterson at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Wed May 14 16:17:34 BST 2008

Hello,

We hope to release a change to the 2008-02 schema next Monday the
19th May.

This will be a MINOR update to the schema and released as a version
number increment.

The ome.xsd file will become Version 2.

All other files will remain unchanged.

This change is to fix a bug in the schema that stops any valid file
using a ObjectiveRef to link an Image to an Objective.

The key changes are:
* Image now contains an ObjectiveRef instead of an ObjectiveSettingsRef.
* The ObjectiveSettings element has been removed. It's content was a
duplicate of ObjectiveRef.

These changes should not affect any valid OME-XML or OME-TIFF file.
They could effect derived schemas.

If you have been using ObjectiveSettings in you files please let me
know ASAP and we can discuss this change.

To preview the changes the file I propose to used is at:
http://cvs.openmicroscopy.org.uk/svn/specification/Xml/Release/ome.xsd

Any comments welcome!

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew Patterson
ajpatterson at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Software Developer, Open Microscopy Environment
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression, University
of Dundee