[ome-users] installation

Jason Swedlow jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Sun Jul 27 23:16:48 BST 2008

Hi Karl-

Thanks for your email.

On 23 Jul 2008, at 17:49, Johnson, Karl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a total newbie administrator and am attempting to setup an OME
> server on a Linux OS.  I see the Fedora 4 core is the recommended
> OS but there are some that have setup OME/OMERO on other flavors of
> Linux.  I was wondering if there have been a lot of problems with
> install on other flavors.  Specifically CentOS 5.2 or Red Hat Ent 5…

Just for clarification-- OME Server (http://www.openmicroscopy.org/
site/documents/data-management/ome-server)  or OMERO (http://
www.openmicroscopy.org/site/documents/data-management/omero)?

We are running OMERO on various Linux flavors, including RHE5.
Should be OK-- give it a spin and let us know.  Installation
instructions are at  http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/wiki/
OmeroInstall

Cheers,

Jason

**************************
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dow Street