[ome-users] NIA Image Tables and Images.

Ilya Goldberg igg at nih.gov
Thu Jan 24 22:19:00 GMT 2008

Hi Kasthuri
Harry Hochheiser and I are largely responsible for this example.
The "How To" is a little bit out of date with regard to what was
actually shipped in OME 2.6.1
A bunch of the nomenclature (and filenames - sorry!) changed since
the How To was written.  The good news is that the capabilities and
flexibility in 2.6.1 is quite a bit more than what was described in
the How To.

I would recommend reading this file:
OME/custom/DGAS-Annotations/README
There are a handful of simple steps to take to import and annotate a
set of images that come with the software distribution.
The images are primarily annotated by manipulated gene (up or down-
regulated), stain, antibody+gene, or in-situ-probe+gene.  The gene
annotations link out to entries in the NIA Mouse Gene Index.  The
images are screen-shots of text listing the annotations (just
placeholders for real images).

The viewer (which I think is the coolest part of all this) lets you
compare groups of images based on the various annotation hierarchies
in this example.
The entire example/demo is self-contained so it is relatively
straight-forward to extend it to more closely meet your needs.
It should be very easy to set up, and I will be happy to help you if
you run into trouble.

Sorry, not sure what you mean by IDL - Corba's IDL?
OME's design is somewhat informed by Corba, but is a vast
simplification of all that it entails.
-Ilya