[ome-users] Bioformats works only outside OME (more data)

Ilya Goldberg igg at nih.gov
Fri Jan 11 15:08:25 GMT 2008

It seems more and more people are struggling with OME server's over-
riding the new and better bioformats with its old and deprecated
importers.
See Curits's earlier post about re-arranging the importer priority to
either eliminate OME's importers altogether, or move bioformats up in
the priority list.
We will make these changes permanent in future releases so that BF
takes priority over everything else.

There may be other problems with the connection, but in the default
configuration, OME's importers will over-ride TIFF, LSM, and STK.
They should still import them, but apparently there are potentially
other issues with these files, and BF does a better job.  LIFF and
LIF should have been delegated to BF, because there are no "native"
importers for these.  Which makes me think there may be an unrelated
problem with the BF setup.

-Ilya