[ome-users] Jboss / OMERO installation problem

Urs Utzinger uutzinger at azcc.arizona.edu
Thu Feb 28 04:37:06 GMT 2008

I decided to test OMERO and installed latest UBUNTU OS on a virtual machine.

I followed postgresql and java installation guidelines and my install seems
to fulfill the prerequisites with the exception that I do not seem to have
Java Hotspot Server but I have the Hotspot Client. Java version is 1.6.0_03
and I believe I turned off firestarter.

It looks like everything installs fine until $JBOSS_HOME/bin/run.sh is
executed.

The server refuses to start and creates

WARN (abbreviated) BasicMBeanRegistry jboss remoting service registry failed

ERROR (abbreviated) cannot create jboss-service.xml

I am not sure where to take it from here, but the ome-list archive does not
seem to have an answer and Google does not list a suggestion either.

Your suggestions would be appreciated.

Urs Utzinger

University of Arizona