[ome-users] Further questions about broken server

Glenn Murray gmurray at mines.edu
Mon Feb 11 21:32:21 GMT 2008

Hi Jason

Following instructions at the wiki I created a user and database

postgres$ createuser -P -D -R -S omero
Enter password for new role:
Enter it again:
CREATE ROLE
postgres$ createdb -O omero omero3
CREATE DATABASE

I can log into the db, ("postgres$ psql -U omero omero3").  There are no
tables, of course.  Running

$ sudo /usr/local/jboss/bin/run.sh

sends a lot of stuff to server.log (mostly Hibernate cruft, it looks like)
until I get an OutOfMemory error.  On the way, it starts with

   JBoss Bootstrap Environment

   JBOSS_HOME: /usr/local/jboss

   JAVA: /Library/Java/Home/bin/java

and the first sign of trouble:

14:26:47,700 WARN  [ServiceController] Problem starting service
omero:service=OmeroContextHook
javax.ejb.EJBException:
org.springframework.beans.factory.access.BootstrapException: Unable to
return specified BeanFactory instance: factory key [ome.server], from
group with resource name [classpath*:beanRefContext.xml]; nested exception
is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating
bean with name 'ome.server' defined in URL
[jar:file:/usr/local/jboss/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp60518omero.ear-contents/server.jar!/beanRefContext.xml]:
Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not
instantiate bean class [ome.system.OmeroContext]: Constructor threw
exception; nested exception is
bean with name 'eventHandler' defined in class path resource
[ome/services/security.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean
'hibernateTemplate' while setting constructor argument; nested exception
is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating
bean with name 'hibernateTemplate' defined in class path resource
[ome/services/hibernate.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean
'sessionFactory' while setting bean property 'sessionFactory'; nested
exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory' defined in class path
resource [ome/services/hibernate.xml]: Invocation of init method failed;
nested exception is java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException...

Thanks for your help,
Glenn