[ome-users] Import speed

Paulo Almeida palmeida at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Mon Feb 11 20:05:04 GMT 2008

Hi,

Some users have complained that it takes a long time to import images with
OMERO, as opposed to copying images to the server. I suppose this is
inevitable, because it is not a network problem. For instance, I could copy
files at 30 Mb/s to the OMERO server using SAMBA (and 40 Mb/s to the server
where people store their images currently), but an OMERO import took much
longer, at about 4 Mb/s.  I tried importing files from the the server's hard
disk but that was not much faster. Do you have any thoughts on this? Is it
possible that it is a problem with my setup, or is this to be expected? This
is a real problem for us because researchers may not adopt OMERO because of
this concern.

(I am using OMERO 2.2 server and client. I just noticed 2.3 versions were
released)

Thanks,
Paulo