[ome-users] connection limit problem starting omero

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Mon Feb 11 07:16:25 GMT 2008

Hi Allison.

Postgresql is setup with a maximum number of connections in the
postgresql.conf file:

# CONNECTIONS AND AUTHENTICATION

# - Connection Settings -

#listen_addresses = 'localhost'         # what IP address(es) to listen on;
                                        # comma-separated list of addresses;
                                        # defaults to 'localhost', '*' = all
                                        # (change requires restart)
#port = 5432                            # (change requires restart)
max_connections = 30                    # (change requires restart)

In your case, it looks like they've all been consumed, so you'll need
to set the number higher and restart postgres. The configuration file
could be in a number of places; how did you install postgres and/or
OMERO?

Cheers,
~Josh.