[ome-users] Maximum size supported in OMERO Importer

Chris Allan callan at blackcat.ca
Thu Dec 11 22:55:19 GMT 2008

Just to elaborate based on our experiences with "very large" images
here at Dundee. We currently deal with 5-dimensional (XYZCT) datasets
greater than 10GB in a variety of microscopy data formats. Though the
largest 2-dimensional sections/planes/frames we deal with regularly
are 1024x1024; this excludes so called "stitched" images.

As very large 2-dimensional sections/planes/frames are something we
are likely to tackle early in the new year we'd certainly welcome any
feedback, experiences or use cases. Particularly 2048x2048 or greater.

Thanks.

-Chris