[ome-users] Workaround for wrong library searching order in OmeroCpp

Mario Valle mvalle at cscs.ch
Tue Dec 9 09:20:49 GMT 2008

Another step.
As suggested I have run from the directory components/tools/OmeroCpp

  VERBOSE=1 ant tools-build

And the build failed because it does not find Ice libraries.
The linker relevant command line is:
client.os -LUsers/mvalle/Ice-3.3.0/cpp/lib -L/opt/local/lib -lIce -lGlacier2 -lIceUtil

But the definition of ice.home is /Users/mvalle/Ice-3.3.0/cpp
So the build process had eaten the leading slash.

Workaround done: create under components/tools/OmeroCpp a symbolik link to /Users
And this time this build phase succeeded!

Now I try the whole build to see if this time it reaches a successful end.
BTW, is it correct to go to omero and do: VERBOSE=1 ant cpp-build ? Or can I somehow skip
  the steps up to tool-build?

I'll keep you informed.
Ciao!
	mario