[ome-users] IE 6/7 login issue status?

Othmar Korn o.korn at griffith.edu.au
Mon Sep 3 05:38:22 BST 2007

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same login difficulties as described by Matthias
Pigerl on May 2nd 2007 (see
http://lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk/pipermail/ome-users/2007-May/000565.html)

I cannot login to my OME 2.6.0 server installation using IE 6 or 7.
Futhermore I experience the same issue with the Opera browser (version
9.23).  Firefox is not affected, so far it's the only browser that allows
successful log in.

Has the issue been investigated further since May?  Can one of the
developers please provide an update on the status of this issue?

I suspect the bulk of our users will be running Internet Explorer so it
would be great to see this resolved.

I'm happy to provide details of my configuration as requested and to
participate in the issue resolution process.

A quick summary of my server configuration:

- Linux Fedora Core 5 x86 server (2.6.20 kernel)
- Perl 5.8.8
- Apache 2.2.2 with mod_perl 2.0.2

I can confirm that session cookies are not created in IE 6 and Opera 9.23
client browsers for the log in process, however they are created in
Firefox 2.  Language settings (verified with 'showENV.pl' script) are
"en-us" in all cases except for Opera where "en" only is available (could
not set to "en-us" for some reason).

Regards,
Othmar