[ome-users] Not able to connect remotely

Paulo Almeida palmeida at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Fri May 25 16:51:43 BST 2007

Hi Josh,

I did in fact have a line like this in /etc/hosts:

127.0.0.1        localhost
127.0.1.1        argos.igc.gulbenkian.pt argos

I removed the second line but then "java omero update deploy" wouldn't build
successfully, complaining about a missing entry for 172.22.50.245 in
pg_hba.conf.

(that is the IP of argos)

I then changed the first line to read:

127.0.0.1      localhost argos

and "java omero update deploy" built successfully, but when I try to connect
from another computer I get the same error as before, except with 127.0.0.1
now, instead of 127.0.1.1.

By the way, should the database host be set to argos, or can it be localhost?
I had assumed it was localhost, but I'm not sure. Do the admin and insight
clients interact directly with the DB or does the server do that?

Thanks,
Paulo