[ome-users] Not able to connect remotely

Paulo Almeida palmeida at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Thu May 24 11:48:38 BST 2007

Hi,

I installed OMERO in a PC named argos and everything works fine in that
computer, but remote connections fail with a message that includes:

Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is
java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 127.0.1.1; nested
exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]

I replaced localhost with argos in the properties files, in the omero/etc
directory, and I added the iptables rules mentioned in the OmeroSecurity
section of the Wiki. I tried connecting with and without the iptables rules,
by the way. I've been looking at the JBoss wiki too, but I couldn't find a
solution yet. Does anyone know what the problem may be?

- Paulo Almeida