[ome-users] no login at IE7. .. .

Zhou, Mi Mi.Zhou at STJUDE.ORG
Fri May 11 17:02:06 BST 2007

Hi,

As in my earlier post, showENV.pl won't run in IE. If I change
$CGI->header(-type='text/plain') to 'text/html', it will run and return
the variables.

If I pass parameters in the URL, Serve.pl won't run. Without the
parameters, it will.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Mi

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthias Pigerl [mailto:matthias.pigerl at sco-lifescience.de]
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 10:21 AM
To: Ilya Goldberg; matthias.pigerl at sco-lifescience.de
Cc: ome-users at lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk; Zhou, Mi
Subject: Re: Re: [ome-users] no login at IE7. .. .

> Now, you can try
> http://my.server.com/perl2/serve.pl?
> Page=OME::Web::Home&SessionKey=abc50fc6f1feae5effad8d6cce095f95f3f
>
> This should display the home page in MSIE without the use of
> cookies.  The URL parameter isn't retained as you click around, so if

> the cookie is never set, eventually you will come back to the login
> page.

Yes you're right!

> If the home-page works, but others don't then it means that MSIE
> isn't getting/setting/returning the SESSION_KEY cookie.
> If the web-site continues to work as you click around, then it means
> that the cookie doesn't "take" the first time, which is even more fun.

No, only the home page works. I finished to install a plugIn similar
extension as Firebug at MSIE and so I could see that MSIE sets the
Cookie. So it is not returned well to the server.
I'll tryto find  out to find the error (maybe Apache configuration? Or
the perl code?) But it's strange that it worked at Curtis system.
Maybe he uses some Session Management modules of Apache?

Have a nice weekend

Matthias