[ome-users] 2007 OME European Users Mtg

Jason Swedlow jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Wed Mar 14 09:38:15 GMT 2007

Hi-

The OME project is pleased to announce the next OME European Users
Meeting, to be held at the Le Meditel Club in Paris, in association
with Institut Pasteur, March 29/30, 2007.  Spencer Shorte, the
Director of the Plateforme d'Imagerie Dynamique at the Institut
Pasteur has kindly agreed to host the meeting.

A draft meeting programme  is at the OME website (http://
openmicroscopy.org/latest/euro2007-03.html).   We will start the
morning of March 29 with presentations of newly released software,
including the new OME Server2.6.0, the new Java-based OMERO Server
and its clients (see http://openmicroscopy.org/software/), the OME
file formats  (http://www.loci.wisc.edu/ome/formats.html & http://
www.loci.wisc.edu/ome/ome-tiff-spec.html), format conversion library
(Bio-Formats; http://loci.wisc.edu/ome/formats.html) and our efforts
to drive usability of our tools (http://www.usableimage.com).  The
current programme also includes presentations from Anne Carpenter,
from the Broad Institute on CellProfiler an CellVisualizer (http://
www.cellprofiler.org/), Curtis Rueden from LOCI, Univ of Wisconsin,
Madison (http://www.loci.wisc.edu) and Patrick Courtney (PerkinElmer
LifeSciences).

March 30 will focus on defining goals for critical functionality for
OME and other tools, using breakout groups led by experts in data
models, file formats, usability testing and software development.  We
hope to generate a broad roadmap that will define this community's
focus for the next year.

Currently, we have about 30 attendees signed up form US, UK, France,
Switzerland from both academia and commercial institutions.

If you are interested in attending , please send your name,
institution, and contact details to:

Mme Christiane Pacaud (the Imagopole Administrative Assistant),
chrispac at pasteur.fr

It will help us if you tell us when you will be arriving and leaving
Paris (to organise airport/train transport, if possible-- no
guarantees, but we will try).

Any requests for presentations or other programme issues can be
addressed to myself and Spencer.

We regret we have no funds to pay for travel or accommodation of
participants, but we will cover coffee and lunch during the meeting.

See you in Paris!

Cheers,

Jason

**************************