[ome-users] Backing up OMERO

Chris Allan callan at blackcat.ca
Wed Jun 13 10:27:04 BST 2007

On 12 Jun 2007, at 16:27, Paulo Almeida wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Paulo.

> If I want to backup the data I have in OMERO, would a good solution
> be to do
> nightly dumps of the database and then do a backup of that and of
> the /OMERO
> directory (where I suppose the actual images are stored)? Is there
> anything
> else that is necessary to restore my full system in case of failure?

In order to fully restore an OMERO system you need exactly what
you've outlined:

* A database backup
* A backup of the /OMERO binary data repository

It would probably be useful (just for a full restore perspective and
making sure you have the exact same configuration) to have a backup
of your "etc" directory from where you installed OMERO. Relevant
configuration files are also located in the omero.ear that's in your
JBoss directory so you could just keep a copy of the EAR handy.

If you're interested we can discuss off list putting up a simple
procedure on the OMERO Trac.

> - Paulo

Thanks.

Ciao.