[ome-users] OME Server 2.6.1?

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Thu Jul 19 20:05:12 BST 2007

Hi Mario,

> Is there any date for the availability of OME server 2.6.1?

We are aiming to have it released in the first half of August.

> Last May 15 Curtis Rueden mentioned in this mail list this release as hopefully fixing the
> problem with OpenLab images importing.

The thing with Openlab is that it is not actually a supported input
format in OME 2.6.0. But it is with Bio-Formats
(http://www.loci.wisc.edu/ome/formats.html), and since OME 2.6.1 will
officially add integration with Bio-Formats on the server side,
Openlab files should be supported in the next release.

We are doing our best to thoroughly test each format before the
release, but there are dozens of them, so there is no way to guarantee
that every file in every format will work as advertised. If you would
like, you can send me a sample dataset or two, and I'll make sure they
can be successfully imported into the system before the release.

The nice thing is that any problems people encounter with new formats
after the release will most likely be fixable with a new release of
Bio-Formats -- you'll be able to upgrade by downloading the latest JAR
file and dropping it onto your OME server, with no need to rerun an
installer or other
update program.

-Curtis