[ome-users] Technical question about OMERO

Ash Pahwa ashp at dv-studio.com
Tue Jul 17 18:34:28 BST 2007

I have down loaded the OMERO server software and installed on a Linux
(Ubuntu 7.04) machine.  The server can be accessed using the following link.

http://68.6.127.90:8080/WebAdmin

LoginID: root

Password: omero

Using the "WebAdmin" tools I have created a user called "u1" with a password
"u1password".

OMERO also comes with a Java client software called "OMERO Insight".  When I
try to connect to the server from the client software, I get an error
message.  Here is what I did.

Start OMERO.insight.exe

Entered the server IP address

LoginID: u1

Password: u1password

I get the error message that "Failed to log onto OMERO.  The screen shot is
enclosed.  Even if I try to log on using the "root" account, I get the same
error.

Please let me know what mistake I am making.  Please let me know the correct
procedure to connect to the OMERO server from the client software.

Best regards,

Ash Pahwa