[ome-users] os x server

Arman Garakani arman at reifycorp.com
Thu Feb 8 19:53:22 GMT 2007

Hi

I used the installer you pointed me to. After asking for Aminstrator
password, it brings System Preferences up anb the dialog says "OME
requires Web Sharing (Apache) to be active ..... In this case the
server was running. With the Web Server stopped, I saw the same
behavior and dialog. Perhaps I ma missing something.

I wonder if you can:

for OS X Server since serveradmin exists

reify:~ arman$ sudo serveradmin status web
Password:
web:state = "RUNNING"

for OS X client

sudo serveradmin status web
Password:
sudo: serveradmin: command not found

I also wonder if on a freshly installed os x server. I am guessing
that in that case the wizard checking curl -s http://local.host does
return the expected. If that is the case it is still better for the
wizard to use hostname (on Bernd Jagla's email earlier).

Thanks a lot

-Arman