[ome-users] Installation problems - postgres

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Mon Sep 18 14:43:04 BST 2006

Hi Matthias,

Did you follow the Ubuntu installation instructions on the web site at:
    http://openmicroscopy.org/install/debian.html

I would be interested to hear any additional steps you had to take,
other than those listed, so that I can update the installation page
with reliable details. I am concerned that immediately, there were
problems with perl and C compilers, and you had to play around for a
long time to make things work.

My Ubuntu Dapper system is working well with OME: Apache v2.0.55,
mod_perl v2.0.2, perl v5.8.7, postgreSQL v8.0.7.

Thanks,
Curtis