[ome-users] Still some install problems...

Ilya Goldberg igg at nih.gov
Wed Mar 1 19:10:43 GMT 2006

On Mar 1, 2006, at 10:35 AM, Claude Bonnard wrote:

> Hello again :-(
>
> Still a bit laborious, this install...

We're trying.  Most of the problems we're identifying have to do with
misconfigured unix systems nowadays...

> Probably and hopefully the last problem with (apparently??) Mod_perl.
>
> Enclosed a tarfile
>
> tar tf Apache_prob.tar
> install10.txt   		 <---The install script trace
> Result_perl_mod_perl_test_pl.log <---Executing perl/OME/perl2/
> mod_perl_test.pl
> Result_perl_serve_pl.log	 <---Executing perl /OME/perl2/serve.pl

This looks like you executed test and serve from the command-line.
These are not command-line programs, they're supposed to be executed
by Apache as CGIs.

Regardless, Apache was not configured correctly.  Have you modified /
etc/httpd/httpd.conf manually from the version provided by your OS
manufacturer?  Can I take a look at this file (you can email it to me
off-list).  Also, please include the installation logs:
/var/tmp/OME/install/*

Also, what exactly are you installing - OME-2.4.0, something from CVS?
-Ilya