[ome-users] deleting datasets

Ilya Goldberg igg at nih.gov
Tue Jun 27 22:23:39 BST 2006

Hi Dennis
Yes, I'm afraid its true.  The MEX deletion is the root of all things
and the hardest thing to implement, so the idea was that other things
that need deleting would just wrap the MEX deletion by first finding
the list of MEXes that are dependent on them, deleteing the MEXes
with what's already implemented and finally deleting the object(s)
itself.  The DB is all constrained up the wazoo, so it will complain
loudly if anything was missed.

Sadly nobody's stepped up to expand this little utility, and I
haven't had the time.
I'm not detecting a hint of volunteerism, am I?

Anyway, one of these things that will be gotten to in due course
unless someone gets to it first.
-Ilya