[ome-users] Image Upload and Java API

Nicholas Lahens lahensn at canisius.edu
Fri Jul 14 20:41:44 BST 2006

Hey Ilya,
The procedure you've outlined sounds pretty good. We'd like to
have FileID's or ImageID's returned so that we can access the
images directly once they are uploaded. We'd also rather defer
to the server for the parsing/conversion of uploaded image files
to the format stored by the database. Ultimately, it would be
great for the webclient to offer a built-in image upload
ability, but we also want to work with the java api. The final
question I have concerns retrieving all of the image
meta-data. We want to able to get directly to the microscopy
data. Do you have to download each of these components
individually using a key for the image? Or is there a larger
wrapper-esque object we can download and then pull out these
various elements? Thanks again for all the help you have
provided.

Nick