[ome-users] XMLRPC Problem

Harry Hochheiser hsh at nih.gov
Thu Feb 2 15:08:04 GMT 2006

Ok, Valentin. As far as I know, there's no reason why this
configuration shouldn't work.

It _sounds_ to me like the problem is in the configuration of the
back-end and XML-RPC handling.

Let's do the following, if possible:

1) Please update to the latest checkout of OME from CVS, if you
haven't already.

2) Let's run a test to see if the xml-rpc is responding at all. The
attached script should be useful for this. Assuming you've got a
reasonably well-configured Perl setup, run the script as:

"host" defaults to localhost.

This script should report a session key if things work. Otherwise, an
error message will be printed.

Please try this out - if it works, the XML-RPC is working. If it
doesn't, please send me any output along with the last few lines of
your httpd error log. This should help us figure out what's going on.

Good luck,

harry