[ome-users] problems with backup

Javi jatb86 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 21:44:05 BST 2006

Hello,

Im fairly new to OME, I installed it on Ubuntu 6.06, now my problem is
that when I try to backup the system it just won't finnish the process. I
end up having a tar archive but it seems that a couple steps are missing
from the backup procedure.
By the way, I installed the OME 2.6.0 RC1.

This is what I got:

root at kaa:/home/javi# ome data backup
Backup to archive [/home/javi/ome_backup_2006-08-10]:
Warning: You have elected to backup OMEIS. Use the -q flag if this was not
your intention.
Be advised that this operation, depending on the size of your OMEIS
repository (its size and location
are printed below), is likely to take a long time.
348K    /OME/OMEIS
Continue? [y/n]: y
------------
 OME Backup
------------

    \_ Backing up postgress database ome
su postgres -c '/usr/bin/pg_dump -Fc -o ome > /tmp/omeDB_backup'
    \_ Backing up OMEIS from /OME/OMEIS
/bin/tar  -cf '/home/javi/ome_backup_2006-08-10.tar' --directory /tmp
OMEmaint omeDB_backup --directory /OME/OMEIS Files Pixels

Couldn't create tar archive: /bin/tar: --directory: Cannot stat: No such
file or directory
Died at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7/OME/Util/Data/dbAdmin.pm line 226,
<STDIN> line 2.
root at kaa:/home/javi#

Thanks for the help,
Javier Tibau