[ome-users] Ubuntu install, Can't locate object method "dir_config"

Glenn Pierce pierce at gci.ac.uk
Tue Apr 11 16:01:39 BST 2006

I have solved the problem.

I have changed PerlInitHandler Apache::Reload
to PerlInitHandler Apache2::Reload

My virtualhost setup now looks like

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1>
      ServerName ome
      DocumentRoot /var/www/OME
      ServerAdmin webmaster at localhost
      <Directory />
              Options FollowSymLinks
              AllowOverride None
      </Directory>

      <Directory /var/www/OME>
              AllowOverride None
              Order allow,deny
              allow from all
      </Directory>

      Alias /JavaScript/ /OME/JavaScript/
      Alias /images/ /OME/images/
      Alias /html/ /OME/html/

      <IfModule mod_perl.c>

      PerlSetEnv PATH /usr/bin/:/usr/local/bin/:/sw/bin/
      Alias /perl2/ /OME/perl2/
      <Directory /OME>
              Order deny,allow
              Allow from all
      </Directory>
      <Location /perl2>
              PerlInitHandler Apache2::Reload
              SetHandler perl-script
              PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
              Options +ExecCGI
      </Location>
      <Location /shoola>
              PerlInitHandler Apache2::Reload
              SetHandler perl-script
              PerlHandler OME::Remote::Apache2
              PerlSetVar dispatch_to "OME::Remote::Facade"
              PerlSetVar dispatch_with "=> OME::Remote::Facade"
      </Location>

      ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/omeis /OME/bin/omeis

      </IfModule>

      ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
      <Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
              AllowOverride None
  Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
              Order allow,deny
              Allow from all
      </Directory>

      ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/ome-error.log

      # alert, emerg.
      LogLevel warn

      CustomLog /var/log/apache2/ome-access.log combined
      ServerSignature On

</VirtualHost>

I think I am making progress. However, I have one final problem with
importing xml.

\__ /home/glenn/software/OME/src/xml/OME/Core/OMEIS/Repository.ome
[FAILURE].

Errors executing task: Error loading XML file
"/home/glenn/software/OME/src/xml/OME/Core/OMEIS/Repository.ome", see
CoreDatabaseTablesTask.log details. at (eval 171) line 1

at ./install.pl line 80
      main::run_tasks() called at ./install.pl line 249
# Looks like your test died before it could output anything.

I'm not sure what could be the problem here and no log is produces.
Note I have tried DBD-pg 1.22 that ome download as well as the latest
version with the same results.

Thanks for any advice.

Glenn