[ome-users] Custom annotations absent in exported metadata

Graham Klyne graham.klyne at zoo.ox.ac.uk
Thu Sep 15 17:20:46 BST 2005

Ilya Goldberg wrote:
>> - what would I need to tweak to get a link to this external export
>> format placed on the image information page?  (Maybe HTML templates
>> will be the best answer for this?)
>

> I'm guessing you want to set up your OME::Web::XMLFileExport variant to
> export an image using a URL param with an Image ID.

Ideally, yes, but for now I'll settle with getting the data out anyhow.

> If you don't want to get into custom templates (though we'd appreciate
> any feedback if you give it a whirl), you can modify the image detail
> template here:
> src/html/Templates/Display/One/OME/Image/detail.tmpl
> Or, if you're using the 2.4.0 tar-ball, here:
> src/html/Templates/OME_Image_detail.tmpl

The image detail template looks like an easier place to start.  I'm
looking at adding this (below) at the end of the image detail table,
though I think that's somewhat misplaced because it will (I guess)
invoke the image selection logic rather than just export details for the
current image.

Is there a template or module that constructs the menu bar at the left?
  (A grep on the source tree doesn't reveal, e.g., the string
"serve.pl?Page=OME::Web::XMLFileExport", so I guess the menu is
constructed more dynamically?)

[[
<!-- New -->
OME/XML with annotations</a>
<!-- End -->
]]

Will the present logic allow a URI that directly obtains XML data for a
single image?  (The current logic uses a form button to initiate the
export, so I'm guessing there's not a direct URI without adding some
more logic.

I suppose I'd need to pick up the image ID and use that to construct a
link that invokes something like the "action eq 'export'" logic from the
current OME::Web::XMLFileExport::getPageBody function, supplying the
image id directly from the link.  (Do the query components from the URI
get passed in as CGI parameters?  Do they show up as a Perl hash or array?)

It would also help to create a direct link here to create a specific
type of annotation.  I'm thinking a link with a target like:

javascript: annotateImage(<TMPL_VAR Name='id'>,"DTGEDImageAnnotation");

might do the trick.  Is this right?

#g

--
Graham Klyne