[ome-users] Fedora Core 4 Mod_Perl installation (Response 2)

Girish Polisetty girish_poli at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 20 14:38:31 BST 2005

I cut and pasted my script result. (I chosen all the default options).

I also attached all the conf files you requested. Please take a look. I appreciate all your reponses so far..

Do i have to upgrade mod_perl to solve the problem. or  did it work with 2.0.1?

Thank you

~Giri

-bash-3.00$ yum list mod_perl

Setting up repositories

Installed Packages

mod_perl.i386 2.0.1-1.fc4 installed

-bash-3.00$ sudo perl install.pl

------------------

Pre-Installation

------------------

Term::ReadKey - Version 2.21

Storable - Version 2.13

----------------------------

C Library Dependency Setup

----------------------------

(All verbose information logged in /var/tmp/ome-lib-check/LibraryTask.log)

Checking libraries

\_ libssl 0.9.7 [OK].

\_ libpng 1.2.8 [OK].

\_ libjpeg 62 [OK].

\_ libcurl 7.13.1 [OK].

\_ libtiff 3.7.1 [OK].

\_ zlib 1.2.2.2 [OK].

\_ libdb_B-Tree 3 [OK].

\_ libxml2 2.6.20 [OK].

\_ libxslt 1.1.14 [OK].

\_ expat 1.95 [OK].

\_ bzlib N/A [OK].

-------------------

Core System Setup

-------------------

Dropping umask to "0002".

This part of the OME install will collect the initial information required.

Basic directory structure and system users will be created and the install

environment setup. If you are unsure of a particular question, please

choose the default as that will be more than adequate for most people.

Base OME directory [/OME]:

Base OMEIS directory [/OME/OMEIS]:

Base temporary directory [/var/tmp/OME]:

The group which OME should be run under [ome]:

The user which OME should be run under [ome]:

What is the Unix username that Apache runs under ? [apache]:

What is the Unix username of the Postgres default user? [postgres]:

Set up a separate unix admin user for OME (i.e. your unix account)? [y/n]:

Unix user to include in the OME group [webadmin]:

Base OME directory: /OME

Base OMEIS directory: /OME/OMEIS

Base temporary directory: /var/tmp/OME

OME groupname: ome

OME Unix username: ome

Apache Unix username: apache

Postgres admin username: postgres

OME Unix admin username: webadmin

Are these values correct ? [y/n]:

Building the core system

\_ Checking directory "/OME".

\_ Setting permissions to 02755.

\_ Checking child "/OME/xml".

\_ Checking child "/OME/bin".

\_ Setting permissions to 02755 (recursively).

\_ Checking child "/OME/perl2".

\_ Checking child "/OME/cgi".

\_ Checking child "/OME/crontab".

\_ Checking child "/OME/matlab".

\_ Checking directory "/OME/OMEIS".

\_ Checking child "/OME/OMEIS/Files".

\_ Checking child "/OME/OMEIS/Pixels".

\_ Checking directory "/var/tmp/OME".

\_ Checking child "/var/tmp/OME/lock".

\_ Checking child "/var/tmp/OME/sessions".

\_ Checking child "/var/tmp/OME/install".

Copying stylesheets

\_ src/xml/xslt/OME-CA2OME.xslt

\_ src/xml/xslt/OME2OME-CA.xslt

Copying IMAGE directories

\_ images

Copying CONFIG directories

\_ conf

Copying HTML directories

\_ JavaScript

\_ html

-------------------

Core Binary Setup

-------------------

(All verbose information logged in /var/tmp/OME/install/BinaryBuilds.log)

Installing core binaries

\_ Compiling [SUCCESS].

\_ Installing [SUCCESS].

Installing OMEIS

\_ Configuring [SUCCESS].

\_ Compiling [SUCCESS].

\_ Installing [SUCCESS].

------------------------------

Perl Module Dependency Setup

------------------------------

(All verbose information logged in /var/tmp/OME/install/PerlModuleTask.log)

Checking modules

\_ Term::ReadKey 2.21 [OK].

\_ Storable 2.13 [OK].

\_ Carp::Assert 0.18 [OK].

\_ Compress::Zlib 1.34 [OK].

\_ DBI 1.48 [OK].

\_ Digest::MD5 2.33 [OK].

\_ MD5 [OK].

\_ MIME::Base64 3.05 [OK].

\_ Log::Agent 0.307 [OK].

\_ Time::HiRes 1.65 [OK].

\_ DBD::Pg 1.41 [OK].

\_ Test::Harness 2.42 [OK].

\_ Test::Simple 0.47 [OK].

\_ HTML::Template 2.7 [OK].

\_ IPC::Run 0.79 [OK].

\_ Class::Accessor 0.22 [OK].

\_ Class::Data::Inheritable 0.04 [OK].

\_ File::Temp 0.16 [OK].

\_ Exporter::Lite 0.01 [OK].

\_ UNIVERSAL::exports 0.03 [OK].

\_ URI 1.35 [OK].

\_ HTML::Tagset 3.04 [OK].

\_ HTML::Parser 3.45 [OK].

\_ LWP 5.803 [OK].

\_ XML::NamespaceSupport 1.08 [OK].

\_ XML::Sax 1.01 [OK].

\_ XML::LibXML::Common 0.13 [OK].

\_ XML::LibXML 1.58 [OK].

\_ XML::Parser 2.34 [OK].

\_ SOAP::Lite 0.60 [OK].

\_ XML::LibXSLT 1.58 [OK].

\_ OLE::Storage_Lite 0.14 [OK].

\_ Spreadsheet::ParseExcel 0.2603 [OK].

------------------------

Core Perl Module Setup

------------------------

(All verbose information logged in /var/tmp/OME/install/PerlModuleTask.log)

Installing modules

\_ Configuring [SUCCESS].

\_ Compiling [SUCCESS].

\_ Installing [SUCCESS].

----------------------------

Optional Perl Module Setup

----------------------------

(All verbose information logged in /var/tmp/OME/install/PerlModuleTask.log)

Install analysis engine interface to MATLAB ? [y/n]:

MATLAB Perl API configuration:

Install MATLAB Perl API?: no

Config MATLAB for dev?: no

Are these values correct ? [y/n]:

--------------

Apache Setup

--------------

(All verbose information logged in /var/tmp/OME/install/ApacheConfigTask.log)

OME Apache web server configuration is a critical part of your OME install.

OME's web interface, remote clients and image server all use this

infrastructure to communicate. If you are unsure of a particular question,

please choose the default as that will be more than adequate for most

people.

Configure Apache server? [y/n]: y

Use OME Apache-2.x configuration for developers? [y/n]: y

Install image server (omeis) ? [y/n]:

Apache cgi-bin directory : [/var/www/cgi-bin/]:

Install data server (omeds) ? [y/n]:

Install web server ? [y/n]:

Copy index.html to : [/var/www/html]:

Use HTML Templates configuration for developers ? [y/n]:

Look for HTML Templates in: [/OME/html/Templates]:

Apache configuration:

Configure Apache?: yes

Developer configuration: yes

Server restart?: yes

Install OME servers:

Images (omeis): yes

Data (omeds): yes

Web: yes

Apache directories:

httpd binary: /usr/sbin/httpd

apachectl binary: /usr/sbin/apachectl

DocumentRoot: /var/www/html

cgi-bin: /var/www/cgi-bin

Web-UI HTML Templates:

Developer configuration: no

HTML Templates directory: /OME/html/Templates

Are these values correct ? [y/n]:

Apache httpd.conf does not have an Include directive for "/OME/conf/httpd.ome.conf"

Apache's mod_perl seems to be turned off in httpd.conf.

fix "/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf" ? [y/n]:

Testing Apache configuration

\__ mod_perl [FAILURE].

Errors executing task: Apache/mod_perl is not properly configured. Got an error response from http://localhost/perl2/mod_perl_test.pl:

<title>404 Not Found</title>

</head><body>

<h1>Not Found</h1>

<hr>

<address>Apache/2.0.54 (Fedora) Server at localhost Port 80</address>

See /var/tmp/OME/install/ApacheConfigTask.log for more details. at (eval 168) line 1

at install.pl line 80

main::run_tasks() called at install.pl line 263

# Looks like your test died before it could output anything.

Ilya Goldberg <igg at nih.gov> wrote:
On Oct 19, 2005, at 9:26 AM, Girish Polisetty wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I updated the mod_perl using yum in Fedora Core 4.

What version did yum update to?

My version is:
[igg at nialglin1 ~]$ yum list mod_perl
Setting up repositories
Installed Packages
mod_perl.i386 2.0.1-1.fc4
installed

I've tried to upgrade this further, but no banana. Apparently
there's a 2.0.2, but my yum at least doesn't upgrade that far.

To make sure that mod_perl is running, the installer puts a file
called mod_perl_test.pl in the same directory as serve.pl (the OME
entry point), then tries to retrieve it using a URL.
If you answered 'n' to the "Use Apache2 configuration for developers"
question (or used the default), then serve.pl and mod_perl_test.pl
should be in /OME/perl2. Otherwise they will be in src/perl2/
relative to the folder containing the install.pl you ran.

If you go to this URL: http://localhost/perl2/mod_perl_test.pl using
your browser, presumably you get a 404.
Do you get any error messages when you do:
sudo /usr/sbin/apachectl restart
How about when right after that you say:
sudo tail /var/log/httpd/error_log
and
sudo tail /var/log/httpd/access_log

Probably we would need all of your httpd conf files (/etc/httpd/conf/
httpd.conf and /OME/conf/httpd2*) to diagnose this.

As a brief rant, I'd like to point out that the mod_perl project has
graciously provided us with an abundance of ways to activate,
configure, and use mod_perl. At last count, this was three mutually
incompatible mechanisms. The code changes necessary for OME to
support FC 4 included this third "new and improved" way to accomplish
the exact same thing. It could very well be that a fourth "new an
improved" mechanism has been dreamed up despite the so-called
"stable" 2.0 release. Or it could simply be due to a mis-
configuration in one or more of the configuration files.

-Ilya