[ome-users] Export-Import-Export-Import Observation

Joshua Moore josh.moore at gmx.de
Sun May 29 19:26:49 BST 2005

or E-I-E-I-O for short.

Let's assume Old McDonald had a database (e-i-e-i-o)
And in this database there was an image (e-i-e-i-o)

 (*sorry*)

Ok. The image is exported from DB1 and imported into DB2. It gets edited on
DB2 and re-exported. What happens when the image gets re-imported into DB1?

  Or to put it differently:

with "here an image, there an image, everywhere an image, image" does Old
McDonald still have a (coherent) DB?

 ~ Josh

PS Forgive the literary setup, it's what being a house-dad gets you. But I'm
serious. Is this a sensible and possibly already experienced requirement?  A
use-case that jumps out at me is a take-home (laptop) OME. Does the DB "do
the right thing" and handle the diffs, like some sort of whacked out Image
Content Management System? Because if so, that rocks!