[ome-users] restarting ome server(s) - mac os x

Ilya Goldberg igg at nih.gov
Thu May 26 16:23:41 BST 2005

My guess would be that its Postgres that hung, and not Apache -
especially since you were not able to use 'ome top' - which doesn't
depend on Apache, but does depend on Postgres.

If you installed Postgres using the package we mirror, then you should
be able to do this:
sudo /Library/StartupItems/PostgreSQL/PostgreSQL stop
sudo /Library/StartupItems/PostgreSQL/PostgreSQL start

Possibly the startup item is in
/System/Library/StartupItems/PostgreSQL/PostgreSQL (where it really
belongs).

As Chris said, we haven't done testing on Tiger, but are glad to see
its not completely broken.
I am curious to see what the last few hundred lines of
/var/log/httpd/error_log has to say though.
-Ilya